Thursday, March 27, 2008

iPhone Insurance

BE WARNED

Beware the Vodafone mobile phone insurance. We were led to believe that the policy covered iPhones. However a Parallel Imported Customer (we get a lot of support calls from them!) had his iPhone stolen recently and he told us that Vodafone refused to pay out even though he had paid the premiums for years. They won't even refund the premiums already paid. I can hear the Barmy Army singing in the background "Are you Telecom in disguise".

YOUR PROBABLY ARE COVERED ANYWAY

Most household contents policies cover mobile phones with a small excess ($100-200). So your probably don't need the extra insurance cover anyway so its likely you are paying double if you did have the Vodafone insurance as well. In the case of this customer, his insurance company are paying out directly for his iPhon.

Hey but please check your contents insurance information out, I'm only making a general comment. I'm no insurance claims expert yet. Maybe once I've mastered selling iphones, I can graduate to sell Cars and only then may be qualified for that role. ;-)

Cheers

Grandad

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey all of you out there with iPhones, this statement was probably about me and yip Vodafone Insure did not insure! They told me and what a coincident 'The iPhone is the only phone they do not cover'. They told me I should've read the fine print... Hello!! You don't get the fineprint when you sign up the insurance over the phone, idiot!

So I called upon my insurer that I have all my other insurances with (AMI) & they were awesome and didn't flinch, after all insurance on a phone or a lambogini it's still bloody insured, damn well replace it! Vodafone Insure happily took my insurance even after they were informed of the make & model of phone(apple iPhone) & I gave them the actual IMEI number.
Quite simply I recommend you can 'Vodafone Insure' and stick with 'Home & Contents Insurane' with a reputable insurer!
Don't allow them to treat you the way they treated me!
Once again thanks to you guys at 'Kiwi iPhone'
"Tama"